1.Leonardo da Vinci liked todraw horses.
2.An adult horse’s brain weights 22 oz, about half that of a human.
3.Horses can not vomit.
4.The first cloned horse was aHaflingermare in Italy in 2003.
5. Horses like sweet flavorsand will usually reject anything sour or bitter.
6. To get an official measurement of a horses height, they must be measured without shoes.
7. Horses drink at least 25 gallons of water a day (more in hotter climates).
8. Horses teeth never stop growing.
9. Horses have been found in cave paintings that date back to around 15000 B.C.
10. You can tell if a horse is cold by feeling behind their ears. If that area is cold, so is the horse.
11. Horses have 16 muscles in each ear, allowing them to rotate their ears 180 degrees.
12. A horse’s knee joint is the equivalent to a human wrist, and their hock joint is equivalent to the human ankle.
13. The gestation period for a mare is 11 months, for a female donkey it is 12 months.
14. Horses with pink skin can get a sunburn.26.A small indent in a horses skin (usually on the neck or shoulder) is called a prophet’s mark and is considered good luck.
15. Horses have a great long term memory, (especially for places they were spooked).
16.The oldest horse on record lived to the age of 62 and died in 1822.
17. Horses thrive on routine, especially when it comes to food.
18. Giant white horses are carved in chalk on several hillsides in England. Some date back hundreds of years – folklore says that when King Arthur of he Round Table returns to the throne, one of the chalk horses would get up and dance.
19.The best way to determine the age of a horse is by examaning it’s teeth.
20. You can tell if a horse is dehydrated by pinching their skin, if it takes time for the skin to return from the pinch, they need water.
21. Horses stomach should always make gurgling noises, an absence of them can meancolic.
22. If a horse has a red ribbon on it’s tail, it kicks.
23. Horses have 7 common blood types.