1. The Lips are unique like fingerprints. You will never find individuals with identical lip impressions.
2. The lips lack natural protective oil. No sweat glands and no oil equates to vulnerability. This implies that lips are highly exposed to cold, wind and sun. The only way to protect the lips from natural elements is to use lip balm. For women, lipsticks world equally well.
3. Lip cancer is more prevalent in men than in women. This is because the men usually don't use lip balms and using lipsticks is simply out of question for men. Women on the other hand usually use lipstick that keep their lips protected from harmful UV rays of sun.
4. The lips grow thinner as you grow old.
5. The lips are one of the most sensitive organs in human body. They have more than a million nerve endings but they do not have any kind of defensive membrane for protection.
6. The lips do not sweat. That's because lips do not possess sweat glands.