1. Your eyes are almost the same size as the were when you were born. And newborn babies can see clearly up to 15 inches away.
2. Your tears have different compositions based on whether something's irritating your eye, crying, or yawning.
3. If you are shortsighted, your eyeball is longer than normal. If you are farsighted, it's shorter than average.
4. On average, you blink 17 times a minute. That's 14,280 times in a 14 hour, and 5.25million times a year.
5. The world's most common eye color is brown.
6. Your eye is the fastest muscle in your body- hence why when something happens quickly, we say 'in the blink of an eye!'
7. 20/20 vision simply means that you have normal vision.
8. You blink more when you talk.
9. Diabetes is the number one cause of blindness in adults in the UK.
10. People generally read 25 times slower on screen than on paper.
11. All babies are colour blind at birth.
12. Smoking reduces your night vision.
13. Eyelashes have an average lifespan of five months.
14. Your eyes contain around 107 million light sensitive cells.
15. Your eyebrows prevent sweat dripping into your eyes.