1. Islam allows abortion if the pregnancy is a threat to the woman's life or if it's the result of a rape and is less than 4 months old.
2. Frank Sinatra's mother ran an illegal abortion business from her home.
3. The majority of women seeking an abortion are not teenagers: 58% are in their 20s, and 6 in 10 already have a child at home.
4. 1.2 million women have an abortion in the U.S every year.
5. 51% of people surveyed in the United States say abortion should be legal in all or most cases.
6. 37% of all pregnancies in New York City end in abortion every year, about a million girl fetuses are aborted and tens of thousands of girl babies are abandoned in China because of the country's policy.
7. Aborting a child because of its gender is legal in Sweden.
8. Between 100,000 and 500,000 abortions per year continue to be performed in India solely because the fetus is female.
9. 1 in 3 women in the UK have an abortion in the lifetime.
10. Homosexuality the and abortion were descriminalised in Russia under Lenin's leadership.