Monday, August 17, 2015
Wonderful Quotes by Author Chinua Achebe
1. If you don't like my story, write your own.
2. People create stories create people; or rather stories create people create stories.
3. Nobody can teach me who I am. You can describe parts of me, but who I am - and what I need - is something I have to find out myself.
4. Charity.... is the opium of the privileged.
5. My weapon is literature.
6. To me, being an intellectual doesn't mean knowing about intellectual issues; it means taking pleasure in them.
7. If you don't like someone's story, write your own.
8. There is no story that is not true, the world has no end, and what is good among one people is an abomination.
9. Storytellers are a threat. They threaten all champions of control, they frighten usurpers of the right to freedom of the human spirit - instate, in church or mosque, in party congress, in the university or wherever.
10. Writers don't give prescriptions. They give headaches!
11.Age was respected among his people, but achievement was revered. As the elders said, if a child washed his hands he could eat with kings.
I love all the quotes. Which number is your favorite?