I'm sure when you read these facts, you will be amazed.
2. Think kids eat more candy than adults? Think again. Adults consume about 65% of all the candy produced in the U.S.
3. The most common childhood disease is none other than tooth decay.
4. Brushing daily can reduce your chance of tooth decay by 25%.
5. When you don’t floss, you miss cleaning up to 35% of your tooth’s surface area.
6. Surveys indicate that 50% of people say that someone’s smile is the first thing they notice.
7. The hardest part of your body? Your tooth enamel.
8. Some 80% of dental injuries sustained by children are to their front teeth.
9. Snails have about 25 teeth – and they are located on their tongue.
10. Adult humans have 32 teeth. Babies, however, only have 20 teeth.
11. A tooth that gets knocked out will start to die within 15 minutes.
12. The amount of saliva you produce in a lifetime is enough to fill two swimming pools!
13. Mosquitoes have teeth! Usually about 47 is all.
14. Modern toothpaste has only been around for about 100 years.
15. Think your fingerprints are unique? So are your tongue prints! No two are alike.
16. Humans have two sets of teeth during their lifetime. By contrast, sharks have about 40.
17. Every year, students lose 51 million hours of school due to dental-related illness.
18. What you think of as your teeth is only part of the story; one third of your teeth are located underneath your gums.